Love me, love my Fingernails

There are aspects of being Trans, of presenting femme, that I am so into and I feel they are so essential, and then there are aspects that feel ephemeral.

I feel like I should present with femme hair. It could be my own hair, or a wig; doesn't matter. I like to wear it with color; I think nothing shouts "secondary sex characteristics" like hair. p>When we are seen, we are so rapidly categorized, pigeonholed if you would. I think hair, clothing and trinkets, and hands are the first signals. I'm no so eager to embrace cosmetics and the facial options.

I prefer femme shoes. Not heels, just not guy shoes. Androgenous shoes are fine.

I really like to show leg. I love to wear perfume.

But most of all, I love love love decorating my nails. Nail polish works, but oh my fake nails, artificial nails, acrylic nails: these make me feel so very good.

For me, nail polish tends to flake off after a few days, usually from using my hands to accomplish work. Acrylic nails now seem to last ten days before they pop off. I've learned to use nail polish remover to clean the nails, and then alcohol to clean them. I use super glue (future glue seems very effective) and, of course, I need to order wider nails than standard (like these).

I feel like a thousand bucks with a full set of good-looking nails on. I try to wear bracelets and/or necklaces in the same colourway.