Hacking Myself : Hormone Micro-Dosing

In my ongoing puzzle about Who I Am (TM), I've started micro-dosing hormones in the M2F direction.

I went to Planned Parenthood, which administers gender hormones under a different paradigm - if you're informed and understand what you're about, if you're seeing a therapist, you can self-qualify for a Prescription. It was an impressive briefing, questioning, confirming session. At the end, they were convinced of me, I was certain myself, and I left with two prescriptions - an estrogen patch, and a testosterone blocker in pill format.

Because of supply issues at the pharmacy, I got the Estrogen patch immediately and started it that day. I didn't start the T-blocker for eight days. I like the effect of the Estrogen; it's subtle and I feel more in touch with my feelings. Crying comes easier, which is to say that it appears sometimes rather than never.

The T-blocker was spiro, and I had an adverse reaction to it. I have dysautonomia and the T-blocker pushed me into dehydration and I largely shut down. I spent four days sleeping and without energy. I've discontinued it.

I'm enjoying my time with Estrogen. I feel a bit more in touch with myself, a bit less likely to "flame-on" in anger, a but more in touch with my emotions. The patch is physically inconvenient, it's a circle with a 3-inch diameter, but the provider wanted to start via that channel.