Non-Standard Quirky, Formerly Normal

non-standard quirky, formerly normal (I thought)

I've realized over this year or two that I'm not a standard person. I don't fit into anybody's view of normal. I used to think I was normal.

To put it mildly, I'm quirky. I don't fit into expectations. I don't fit into most people's categories.

I don't get, I don't see, the things that most people do. I'm increasingly aware that the people around me suffer because of it.

I managed to get to be this old, this comfortably, because I was in a career field that tolerated and sometimes elevated quirky people as long as they delivered results and I was somewhat good at what they wanted.

This is to say that I've really only recently caught a glimmer of understanding about me.

My pieces don't snap together into integrated pictures.

I am very sorry that my quirky, my peculiarness, brings pain to others, to the people close to me. I really am. I apologize.