Loss of Function; the absence of sturdy

I have a part-time job at a bicycle shop. There was a bike waiting for me, it's rear end was thrown out of rig by a car hitting it when it was parked. So I trued the rear wheel, which is becoming a semi-skill of mine; at least the other folks at the shop are no longer sighing as I approach the truing stand.

I trued it up, lubed some lubey stuff, inflated the tire, put in on the bike and the wheel was rubbing the frame. But the wheel was good and the frame was bent and so I reached for the tool we use to adjust that. Tools are amazing. As I held this gizmo, which has a lot of adjustment points and when used correctly is just a flying dervish of adjustment, and I could not comprehend the sequence of actions to be taken. The boss looked at me and said, You feeling all right?

And I said no, and signed off for the shift. The boss is a very decent man, and so he's talking with me about needing to get this check, and calling a mutual friend a nurse for advise, and he followed up an hour later. Couldn't ask for better.

I took that hour to buy some electrolyte drinks, ice, and a cooler and found a shady place to sit down by the ersatz beach. The shade, the cool water, it all felt better. I also ate some snacks.

I spoke to a friend who referred to my previous state as "when you were feeling more sturdy" and it was a perfect phrase, because right now I am in the absence of sturdy.